20 Creative Icebreaker Questions to Get Your Team Communicating
Here are some icebreaker questions I’ve used before (and some that are brand new). Use these to get your group interacting.
You can learn a lot about people from listening and observing them talk about topics that do not normally come up at work (or other places.)
People love to talk about themselves, so here are some questions that will get them chatting about things that they enjoy.
1. What is the strangest object in your office?
2. What was your favorite book as a child?
3. If you could only pick three things to take on vacation, what would they be?
4. If you had to simplify your life and put everything in a trunk, what things would you choose to keep?
What would you get rid of?
5. If money were no object, and you had a month to travel, where would you go on vacation?
6. If you had to start a business (or another one), what would you start?
7. What would you try if you knew you could not fail?
8. If you had to move from the city & state you are in, where would you live?
9. If the police came to your house to arrest you for a crime, what crime would you have committed?
10. If you had to choose another career or start over, what would you do?
11. What was your favorite hobby as a child?
12. What hobby would you begin if you could instantly be good at it?
13. If you had to move to a different country, where would you go?
14. If you were an instrument, what would you be and why?
15. What is your favorite Christmas memory?
16. Where do you go and what do you do to wind down/relax?
17. If you were in a band, what kind of music would you play?
18. What TV show (past or present) do you most identify with?
19. What is your favorite season of the year? Why?
20. If a movie was made about your life, what actor/actress would play you?
BONUS QUESTION: What does the fox say? 🙂
Want to get even more out of your icebreakers? Use these creative debrief exercises to move your team to the next level, whether using icebreaker activities or team building activities.
What icebreaker questions have you used with your team? OR Pick your favorite question from above and answer it below! Talk to me, goose! Answer in the comments below.